Narrative text is a kind of text to retell a story in the past.
Purpose of the Text:
The purpose of the text is to entertain or to amuse the readers or listeners about the story.
- Orientation : It sets the scene and introduces the participants (it answers the question: who, when, what, and where).
- Complication: Tells the problems of the story and how the main characters solve them.
- Resolution: The crisis is resolved, for better or worse. Maybe, happy ending or sad ending.
- Use past tense. (Meng Kuuk frequently made strategies to eat the black hen with her chicks)
- Use conjunction (and, then, after that, next, etc). Also Temporal conjunction, like: once upon a time, one day, long time ago….
- The first person (I or We) or the third person (He, She, They, or Names (e.g. Siap Selem)).
Kind of Narrative text:
Kind of Narrative Text